Please fill in the following form to contact the author, Russel Tarr (@russeltarr)
ActiveHistory provides entertaining, educational award-winning interactive simulations, decision-making games, self-marking quizzes, high-quality worksheets and detailed lesson plans for teachers and students.
View the top 50 activities here.
You can also request a free trial.
1. Vladamir Lenin poisoned by Joseph Stalin? Russian historian Lev Lurie, believes that while Lenin was already in poor health having suffered several strokes, Stalin may have finished him off following a bitter feud.2. Did Britain try to assassinate Lenin? 3. Relics of the Soviet era remain in Russia #historyteacher 4. Barack Obama compared to Hitler and Lenin in Tea Party billboard A roadside billboard created by a branch of the Tea Party in Iowa comparing President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler and Vladimir Lenin has been condemned by other groups in the movement.5. The London haunts of VI Lenin 6. Russian heir demands Tsar Nicholas II murder investigation 7. Lenin statue vandalised by Ukrainian Nationalists 8. Vladimir Lenin died from syphilis, new research claims 9. Vatican thumbs up for Karl Marx after Galileo, Darwin and Oscar Wilde 10. Romanov grand duchess's hidden jewellery found
1. BibliOdyssey: The Crimean War
Eclectic historic science and art images from rare books and prints2. Tsar Alexander II's assassination (BBC Podcast) #historyteacher
3. Alexander II: The Last Great Tsar - Google Books
4. Kropotkin: Memoirs of a Revolutionist - EBook
5. Alexander II and Reform
6. Russia Reforms and Their Limits, 1855-92
Events (100 years ago today): 1917 - The United States pays Denmark $25 million for the Virgin Islands.
Births (150 years ago today): 1867 - Carl Laemmle, German-born American film producer, co-founded Universal Studios (d. 1939)
Births (100 years ago today): 1917 - M. G. Ramachandran, Indian actor, director, and politician, 5th Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (d. 1987)
Births (50 years ago today): 1967 - Richard Hawley, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer
Deaths (400 years ago today): 1617 - Fausto Veranzio, Croatian bishop and lexicographer (b. 1551)
RSS Feed | Full week | Get Widget
What is Politics? Why are so many people not interested in it and why is this worrying?
Communism and Fascism: Whats the difference?
Design your ideal state
LBJ and the Great Society
Hexagons Activity: Impact of the Industrial Revolution
Sourcework Exercise: The Sharpeville Massacre Teacher model answers
50 Essential Songs for the History Classroom
Sourcework Exercise: The Sharpeville Massacre
Model answers for sourcework exercise on rise of Apartheid
Slave Trade Simulation: Updated and improved
Model Essay Compare and contrast the role of ideology in causing two 20th-century wars, each chosen from a different region
Model Essay What were the most frequent causes of 20th-century wars?
Vietnam veteran John Kerrys statement at the Senate hearings of 1971
Why, and with what degree of justification, did Nixon refuse to immediately withdraw from Vietnam?
Compare and contrast the policy of Johnson and Nixon with regard to Vietnam