Each year I set up a Google Form and set a homework task for all my students to answer variations on the following questions. I find it a really invaluable way of developing my teaching and my schemes of work. Here are the questions I use in case you’re interested in trying something similar (or have ideas of ways I could improve it!) 🙂
- Which of the following study units did you enjoy MOST this year? [list topics covered this year]
- What did you enjoy about this particular topic?
- Which of the following study units did you enjoy LEAST this year? [list topics covered this year]
- What did not enjoy this particular topic so much?
- Are there any other topics you wish we could have studied instead?
- What sorts of ACTIVITIES do you enjoy MOST in history lessons, and why?
- What sorts of ACTIVITIES do you enjoy LEAST in history lessons, and why?
- Complete this sentence: Overall, the thing I like most about History lessons is…
- Complete this sentence: However, I would have enjoyed History (even) more if…