How to play:
- Organise your students into teams.
- Your list of terms will slowly be revealed, letter by letter, in reverse alphabetical order.
- Students raise their hands as soon as they think they can:
- EITHER identify what the terms are (for 1 point)
- OR identify what all the terms have in common (for 2 points)
- OR explain which one is the odd one out (for 3 points)
- As soon as a hand is raised, the teacher ‘stops the clock’ to hear the answer.
- If the team answers incorrectly, it is frozen out of further play and the game resumes.
How to create your own:
- In the first line of the box, provide a list of comma-separated terms.
- (Optional): Add an equals symbol (“=”) at the end followed by a suggested answer.
- Repeat for the second and subsequent lines in the box for further ’rounds’ of the quiz.