Part of the new materials to support a study of Elizabethan England, for example:
- Early Elizabethan England, 1558-88 (Edexcel)
- Elizabethan England, c1568-1603 (AQA)
How successfully did Elizabeth deal with the problems of her reign?
In this exercise, students will reach a final judgement about Elizabeth I by writing an essay.
In this way, they will:
- Develop their ability to see the ‘big picture’ and to connect factors together
- Consider how Elizabeth’s rule has affected such things as:
- The perception of women as the equals of men
- England’s unique religious culture and its impact on places like the USA
- England’s long-term relations with Scotland and Ireland
- England’s long-term relations with Spain