Please fill in the following form to contact the author, Russel Tarr (@russeltarr)
ActiveHistory provides entertaining, educational award-winning interactive simulations, decision-making games, self-marking quizzes, high-quality worksheets and detailed lesson plans for teachers and students.
View the top 50 activities here.
You can also request a free trial.
1. The Korean War - Interactive Newsfeed Exercise [Interactive]
Students are presented with a series of "newsfeeds" about the Korean War, which they use to complete this worksheet, and then answer a series of questions.
2. The Korean War - Background and Significance
In this activity, students consider the early events in the war, assess why the Korean War is historically significant, and reflect on the arguments for and against the involvement of the US and the UN.
3. The Korean War - Escalation
After a successful invasion at Inchon led by MacArthur, should the USA settle with "Containment" of communism, or pursue "Rollback" of the communist threat? Students examine the sources and reach their judgements.
The Korean War - The Dismissal of MacArthur
"Rollback" leads to a danger that the war is likely to escalate
into China and even the USSR. Is this a necessary or advisable course of
action? Students decide whether Truman's decision to "back off"
and dismiss the more belligerent MacArthur was a wise decision.
5. The Korean War: Consequences and Conclusion
Students round off their studies with a debate about the "Big Issues"
6. Korean War
Fling the Teacher Quiz
75 possible questions: I like to get all the students playing it
simultaneously, and award 25 points for the first person to finish, 24 for
the next, and so on; over the course of a few weeks you can build up a
"Fling the Teacher Leaderboard" if you play quizzes for different topics!
7. The Korean War: Interactive Cartoon analysis [Interactive]
Analyse a series of cartoons by hovering over details and answering exam-style questions. When you have finished, the computer will provide you with a printout comparing your answer to a model answer. A great way to revise and develop sourcework skills.
8. The Korean War: Collapsible Revision Notes [Interactive]
Interactive notes which can be collapsed or expanded to various levels of detail for revision purposes.
8. Model Essay: Analyse the causes and consequences of the Korean War (teacher password required).
A sample essay written by RJ Tarr of www.activehistory.co.uk.
The Following resources are miscellaneous resources which formed the old page...
Protect and Survive
The Atomic Cafe 
Public information films from the 1950's-1970's
Third World Wars
Vietnam - the 10,000 Day War
Search and Destroy
The Turning Point
War to the Bitter End
Vietnam War, The - The Early Years 1965-1968
1. History of the Berlin Wall and its fall visualized with videos and images - rbb
Experience the history and fall of the berlin wall visualized in videos and images. Historical archive footage, contemporary witnesses and experts are reporting.2. Czechoslovak Secret Police photos - great cold war starter
3. Full Video Series Online - Cold War, by CNN (1999)
4. WWII Behind Closed Doors: Stalin, the Nazis and the West . Maps | PBS
5. Stalin's Interview to "Pravda" Correspondent Concerning Churchill's "Iron Curtain" speech
6. Excellent: Cold War International History Project's Cold War Files
7. What Thatcher and Gorbachev really thought when the Berlin Wall came down | Michael Binyon - Times Online
8. Pope John Paul II and Communism
9. People's Century | Teacher's Guide | People Power
10. 15 Interesting Cold War Vintage Ads - Oddee.com
15 Interesting Cold War Vintage Ads11. Berlin Wall: voices of the revolution | World news | guardian.co.uk
12. Great Walls in History: Photos | Newsweek International | Newsweek.com
13. Brezhnev Attempted to Advance Soviet Goals Through Detente
14. Video: Berlin Wall: 20 years after the fall (videos)
15. The Cold War / Korean War
© 1998-2018 Russel Tarr, ActiveHistory.co.uk Limited (Reg. 6111680)
High Park Lodge, Edstaston Wem, Shropshire, England, SY4 5RD. Telephone/Fax: 01939 233909
Events (400 years ago today): 1618 – The twelfth baktun in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar begins.
Births (100 years ago today): 1918 – Johnny Mantz, American race car driver (d. 1972)
Births (50 years ago today): 1968 – Toni Kuko?, Croatian basketball player
Deaths (50 years ago today): 1968 – Franchot Tone, American actor, singer, and producer (b. 1905)
RSS Feed | Full week | Get Widget
Calendar for Educators, 2018-2019
Drag and Drop quiz generator
The Rise of Hitler: Essay Planning Generator
Origins of World War One: Essay-Planning Generator
Causes of the Spanish Civil War: Essay Planning Generator
IB Induction WW2 Trivia Challenge
IB Induction Project Assembly Presentation
New decision-making simulation: Time Machine Journey to the Renaissance
What is history all about? The who, when and why!
Time machine display card
Medieval Cathedrals: Design your own!
JFK: Speech on Castro and Cuba, 1960
Virtual Reality Images: War Memorials
World War One Battlefields Follow-Up: Design a Memorial / Visitor Center